The name “Roman Chamomile” is not a reference to the use of the oil by Roman soldiers, but rather to the area it is indigenous to. Roman soldiers gained courage in battle, and a clear mind from Roman Chamomile, it was also thought to heal any plant around it, hence the title of “plant’s physician”. Those same Roman soldiers also carried it with them to use on all injuries and illnesses. I thought it might be helpful to share with you 10 health benefits for Roman Chamomile Essential Oil.
- It promotes a general feeling of calmness,
- Relieves anxiety and depression,
- It also helps to relieve PMS as well as hormonal depression,
- As a muscle relaxant it will help to quell restless leg syndrome, soothe muscle pain,
- Can be used in an emergency during an asthma attack,
- Relieves digestive problems, including nausea, vomiting, heartburn, gas and diarrhea,
- Helps with skin conditions such as the discomfort from eczema, psoriasis, acne and boils,
- Can be used on mild infections from cuts and inflammation caused by hemorrhoids, gingivitis, bursitis, carpal tunnel, rheumatism and sciatica,
- Has the ability to ease sprains, bruises, allergies, burns, gout and rosacea and can also prevent nightmares, cleanse the blood by removing toxins from the liver, and generally speed up the healing process, and
- In children, Roman Chamomile will reduce irritability and nervousness, help alleviate the symptoms of colic, reduce teething pain, lower fever and soothe a cranky or crying baby. Diffuse the essential oil into the air to take advantage of its calming properties.
Blend some of the Roman Chamomile in Fractionated Coconut Oil. It is mild enough to use topically for children for tummy ache, teething, fever and earache. Please note that: essential oils should never be put directly in the ear canal. You will get just as much benefit from placing a drop on your finger and running it down behind the ear and/or down the jaw line.
I have had great success using a blend of Roman Chamomile essential oil in a carrier oil for several clients who are suffering from depression, as well as gout. They have found that the swelling goes down and that the pain is reduced.
Have you used this essential oil? Share your experiences with me. I love getting feedback. And here on this blog you’ll get commentluv so don’t forget to leave a link back to your own blog if you have one.
Slán go fóill (goodbye for now),